- 125g - Quinoa
- 1 – Carrot
- ½ – courgette, chopped
- ¼ – butternut squash, cut into 1 inch size pieces
- 1 – medium cooked beetroot
- 2 tsp – cumin seeds
- 2 tsp – coriander seeds
- 2 tsp – caraway seeds
- 1 tsp – cracked black pepper
- 1 – red onion, chopped
- ½ bunch – mint, chopped
- ½ bunch- parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp – Mojo Risin’ Chilli Relish
- 2 cloves – garlic, minced
- ½ – lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp – raisins
- 1 tsp – Salt
- Toasted flaked almonds to garnish
- Bring a pan of water to boil and cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet. (basically, dunk it in boiling water, wait for it to ‘open’, drain)!
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the whole spices.
- Fry the spices for a few seconds, then add the butternut squash.
- Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and courgettes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the red onion, raisins, chilli and quinoa.
- Mix in the lemon juice and salt, put a lid on the pan and set aside.
- Peel and grate the beetroot and the carrot and mix in with the quinoa along with the herbs.
- Eating it:
Quinoa goes on the plate, with the almonds sprinkled on top and a nice side salad! Easy as that! If you’re a die hard carnivore, this goes lovely with a bit of chicken or salmon!