- 540g – plain white flour
- 30 g- Baking powder
- 10 g - Salt
- 120g - sugar
- 540ml - Whole milk
- 4 - Whole eggs
- 60g - melted butter
- extra butter for cooking
Apple and pear compote
- 3 - apples, cored and sliced
- 3 - pears, cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp - raisins
- 2 tbsp - flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp - butter
- 2 tbsp - honey
- 1/2 cup - apple juice (or orange/pear)
- 4-6 rashers - Bacon (or however many you want!)
- Maple syrup
- Greek yoghurt
- For the pancakes, mix everything BUT the milk in a bowl.
Pour in half the milk and whisk to make a smooth batter. Slowly add the rest of the milk and whisk in.
- For the COMPOTE: Heat the butter in a frying pan and sauté the fruit until they’re golden. Add the raisins, almonds and honey and caramelise for 3-4 minutes on high heat. Stir in the juice and take off the heat, stirring until the juice is mixed in.
- In a large skillet/frying pan, melt a little butter and pour 2-3 tbsp pancake batter in. Fit as many as you can into the pan.
Fry the pancakes on medium heat for 2-3 minutes on both sides. Repeat until the batter is used up.
- Whilst the pancakes are cooking, fry the bacon in a separate pan.
- Serve the pancakes with a few spoons of compote, some bacon and lots of maple syrup!