- 500g - peeled potatoes, diced in 1/2 inch squares
- 100 ml - Mustard oil
- 4-5 tbsp - sesame seeds
- juice of 4 limes
- 1 tbsp - fenugreek seeds
- cracked black pepper
- 1/2 bunch - chopped coriander
- 1/4 tsp - asafoetida
- 1 tsp - turmeric
- 2 tsp - chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp - chopped ginger
- Boil the potatoes in plenty of water with the turmeric. Once cooked, drain and transfer to a large bowl or tray.
- In a frying pan heat the mustard oil to smoking point. Turn off the gas and allow to cool down for 1 minute.
- Add the fenugreek seeds and sesame seeds and fry until golden brown. Add in the rest of the ingredients apart from the chopped coriander.
- Pour the spice mix over the potatoes and mix thoroughly. Mix in the chopped coriander and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve with a curry and rice or have it in a sandwich!