For The Falafel
- 250 g – dry chickpeas (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 tin – chickpeas
- 1 – Onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic – puree
- 40 g – cornflour
- 1 – lemon (juice and zest
- ¼ bunch - washed chopped coriander
- ¼ bunch – mint, chopped
- 2 tsp – Mojo Risin’ Chill Relish
- 1 tsp – each: cumin seed, coriander seed, fennel seed, Whole black pepper,
- 1 – egg
- 1 tsp – salt
- 3 tsp – sesame seed
- 1 tbsp – chopped ginger
For The Fresh Herb Slaw (Equal quantities (roughly)
- Sliced red cabbage
- Sliced red onion
- Sliced green pepper
- Picked parsley, mint and coriander
- Lemon juice – a sprinkle
- Drain the dry chickpeas and put them in a food processor.
- Blend until you have a coarse mixture.
- Now add the drained tinned chick peas and blend again. It should be a mix of smooth paste and coarse chick peas. Take out in large mixing bowl.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the whole spices and sesame seed.
- When they start crackling, add to the chick pea mix along with all the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Shape burger-shaped patties
- To cook the falafel, fry them in a pan on both sides until golden brown, then put in an oven preheated to 180c for 10 minutes.
- For the herb slaw:
Mix all ingredients, sprinkle a little lemon juice and salt, and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Eating it:
Warm up a pitta and slice it open. Stuff with the herb slaw, a hit of mint yoghurt and the falafel. Or just have it with the herb slaw and some mint yoghurt.