- 200g - Plain flour
- 3g - Sodium bicarbonate
- 50g - Semolina flour (or buckwheat/wholemeal)
- 175g - Salted butter, melted
- 200g - soft brown sugar
- 140g - Granulated/caster sugar
- 1 - medium egg
- 1 - medium egg yolk
- 400g - flaked almonds
- 1 tsp - ground cinnamon
- 1/4 - grated nutmeg
- pinch - cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 160c
- Mix together the eggs and sugar and whisk on high speed until light and frothy.
Slowly pour in the melted butter.
- Sift the flours, spiced and sodium bicarbonate and fold into the egg mix, followed by the almonds. The mix should be of a doughy, scooping consistency.
- Using an ice cream scoop (or round spoon if you don't have one), scoop out balls of dough (roughly 12) and place them on a baking mat - leaving about 2-3 inches of space in between each ball.
- Place the tray(s) into the oven and cook for 15 minutes
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool before tucking in.